LICENSE TRANSFER POLICY.
This License Transfer Policy (“Policy”) sets out Foundry’s rules for issuing replacement or substitute licence keys for the use of Foundry software products. If you wish to move license keys from one computer to another, then you agree to follow the rules set out in this Policy.
This Policy forms part of, and should be read together with, our End User License Agreement available from: https://www.foundry.com/eula (“EULA”).
- The Foundry Visionmongers Limited (company number 04642027) with its principal offices at 5 Golden Square, London, W1F 9HT ("Foundry", “we”, “us” or “our”).
- You, the licensee of Foundry software product(s) acting via a duly authorised individual and wishing to effect a license transfer ("you" or “your”).
- Foundry has supplied and licensed certain software products (“Software”) to you under the terms of our EULA.
- In order to guard against unlicensed use of the Software, a licence key is required to access and enable the Software.
- You wish to move a licence key to another computer to allow you to use the Software on the other computer.
- All references in this Policy to “computer” include both physical and virtual machines.
- OUR APPROACH
- We review any license transfer request for our Software in accordance with this Policy. However, the decision as to whether or not to allow the transfer is always at our sole discretion.
- A licence transfer request covers a single node locked or floating license key for one Foundry product.
- Generally speaking, the only circumstance in which we will consider licence transfer requests is where the original computer, or computer component from which we determine the system ID number, has been lost, stolen, damaged, upgraded or replaced.
- We will not allow license transfer requests where the Software is eligible for our maintenance and support program (as described at https://www.foundry.com/maintenance-and-support), if your paid access to that program has lapsed.
- Where we agree to a license transfer request:
- the new license key will be for the same Software version, options and license configuration as the original license key. For example, a node locked license cannot be transferred to a floating license; and
- we generally charge an administrative fee(s) towards the cost of our time and management in effecting the transfer, although we may agree to waive this in exceptional circumstances.
- Plug-ins cannot be transferred to another host system. For example, you cannot transfer Keylight on Avid DS to Keylight on Shake.
- We do not allow license transfers:
- to a computer located in another country; or
- to your parent company, subsidiary, affiliate, associated company, branch or office.
- We consider licence transfer requests of Student/Staff licence keys that have been bought at a discount under our Education Policy.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Our license transfer request form can be found at: https://support.foundry.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360000515719/License_Transfer_Form.pdf
- Foundry encourages Customers to discuss customization problems on Foundry’s community product forums (http://community.foundry.com) as these have a mix of new and experienced users participating, including Foundry staff. Foundry’s product forums are an open community and not an official support platform.
- Once completed and signed, you must email the form to email@example.com.
- You must remove all transferred licence keys on the originating machine within 2 days of receiving the new licence keys.
- We may vary the terms of this Policy from time to time and at our sole discretion.
The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd.
17 March 2020