Foundry Virtual Events
Welcome to our NEW Foundry Virtual Events 2020. It is our goal to bring people together from around the world to showcase technology, career paths, and inspirational talks from our global customers with a series of weekly webinars covering a variety of topics.
They will include:
- Foundry Webinars – A 30-40 minute technical deep dive into our products, workflows and 3rd party tools.
- Foundry Skill-Ups – A 30 minute guide to improving your skills as a compositor/lighter/texture artist to get to that next level in your career.
- Foundry Sessions – special conversations with our customers, sharing insights, tips and tricks and maybe a secret or two!
- Foundry Workflow Wednesdays – 10 minute weekly videos posted on social media showing tips and tricks with Nuke from our experts.
Please make sure to register for the events you want to see using the links below.
May 28 - 6:00 p.m. BST | 1:00 p.m. EST | 10:00 a.m. PST
Foundry Super Session: CG Supervisor Roundtable
Join four renowned CG Supervisors as they discuss the role of a CG Supervisor and how it’s pivotal to managing the creative, business and technical aspects of a project.Register
June 2 - 6:00 p.m. BST | 1:00 p.m. EST | 10:00 a.m. PST
Foundry Webinar: Pulling a rabbit out of Nuke Vol.2
With more than 65 credits on IMDB, veteran Lead Compositor Jan Burda from Mackevision will use this talk to reveal his favourite compositing magic tricks in Nuke, whilst giving some insight into his work.Register
June 9 - 6:00 p.m. BST | 1:00 p.m. EST | 10:00 a.m. PST
Foundry Innovation Panel: How Practitioners are putting Disruptive Tech to work in VFX
Join Foundry as we compare notes with a panel of top industry practitioners from BOT VFX and Happy Finish and more on how to embrace changes in the VFX industry driven by real-time, cloud and machine learning technologies.
June 11 - 6:00 p.m. BST | 1:00 p.m. EST | 10:00 a.m. PST
Foundry Skill Up: Master Skin Projecting with Mari
Character Artist Tom Newbury will break down his character creation workflow using Mari and explain the process of how to perfect projecting skin detail.Register
June 16 - 6:00 p.m. BST | 1:00 p.m. EST | 10:00 a.m. PST
Foundry Skill Up: Modeling for VFX Today with Modo
Join VFX mentor and Modeler at Framestore, Roo MacNeill, to learn how VFX has adapted to modern requirements and technology, and how to break into the VFX industry as a modeler.Register
June 18 - 6:00 p.m. BST | 1:00 p.m. EST | 10:00 a.m. PST
Foundry Session: Nuke Learnings with Steve Wright
Join Compositing Artist and renowned Nuke Trainer Steve Wright as he shares his experience using Nuke for the first time back in 2008, and the importance of learning such a powerful compositing tool when building your career in VFX.Register
The full list of our upcoming events and past recordings can be found here.
Our previous virtual events are archived for your viewing pleasure:
- Foundry Webinar: Free up time, unlock creativity with Katana
- Foundry Webinar: All-new Nuke 12.1 updates you need to know
- Foundry Session: Alternative methods of income for the creative industry
- Foundry Skill-Up: Getting up to speed and finding new ways of using the Katana toolset
- Foundry Webinar: Modonaut: Preparing your model for 3D printing - part 2
- Foundry Webinar: Texture Workflow in Mari
- Foundry Session: How to improve your Nuke workflow with Python scripting
- Foundry Skill Up: Becoming a Senior Compositor
- Foundry Super Session: Nuke TD roundtable
- Foundry Webinar: Lighting the Future with Katana
- Foundry Super Session: VFX Supervisor roundtable
- Modonaut Webinar: Build and animate machine Inc. particles
- Foundry Webinar: Collaborating on an Animatic while Working from Home
- Foundry Session: Nuke Studio for Small Business in a Remote Working World
- Foundry Webinar: Katana and Pixar’s RenderMan | Rendering Onward and Beyond!