At Foundry our commitment is to empower creatives to make the impossible possible. We advance the art and technology of visual experience and create pioneering software for creative industries. We acknowledge that our operations have an effect on the environment and we commit to continually improving our environmental performance and impact. We have identified key environmental aspects that contribute to our environmental and carbon footprint: (a) Consumption of electricity, gas, water, and other fuels, (b) Waste generation, and (c) Transport emissions.
Measures we are putting in place to improve our environmental impact
- Compliance with all applicable standards, laws, requirements, regulations
- Measuring and reducing the carbon footprint of our business activities to meet our published
environmental objectives and targets, focusing first on the measuring of electricity, gas, water and
- Integrating recognised environmental management best practice into our business operations,
- Managing waste generated from our business operations including reduction, reuse and recycling;
- Ensuring environmental criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services in accordance with our Procurement Policy;
- Incorporating environmental criteria into our travel policy.
- Making a 2% per annum reduction in emissions across measured resources
- Educating our employees on environmental issues and the environmental effects of their activities.
We encourage our employees to actively participate in environmental Initiatives, providing two paid
'Passion Days' per year which can be used to support our company objectives.
- Starting to consider how to assess the impact of our software for the purpose of improving efficiency and reducing the environmental impact.
- Join industry groups on sustainability initiatives, where available.
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working to the Investors in the Environment criteria, considering any changes in legislation, our organisation, and other factors. We will convey this policy to all our employees ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters. We will also communicate our environmental aims to customers, investors and external stakeholders.
We have a Sustainability Champion who has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy. We also have an Executive ESG Working Group where we hold ourselves accountable at the highest levels.
We will make this policy available when requested to interested parties including members of the public, including making a copy available on the Foundry website.
The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd.