Modo 13.2 released with simplified rendering workflow
Foundry, the leading developer of software for the media and entertainment and digital design industries, today announces the release of Modo 13.2
With animation, modeling, shading, rigging and gradients improvements, Modo 13.2 closes the 13 series with a toolset that is faster, rich in features and easier to use. The latest Modo release has a large rendering focus bringing mPath, the new pathtrace based renderer, meant to vastly improve the processing time needed for design communication in the artists’ workflow.
What’s new in Modo 13.2:
- Rendering: Material parity improvements with the hardware agnostic AMD Radeon™ ProRender and the completely new mPath Modo render with accelerated ray tracing via NVIDIA’s RTX™ technology.
- Animation: Graph Editor improvements introduce new features like Curve normalization, Stacked Curve Edit Mode, Speed and Velocity Visualization and Easier Key Handle Editing and Time Range Visualization. Animation timeline improvements include a new Time Fit Command to quickly set timeline range based on selected items or Actions.
- Rigging: New and powerful tools are being introduced - IK solver designed with predictability and control of twist angles and a new option to add gradient based user channels allowing for even greater flexibility, with advanced rigging and other procedural workflows.
- Shading: Support for X-Rite’s AxF™ format has been expanded to the 1.1 and 1.4 specs providing the best possible digital representation of a physical real-world material.
- Modeling: Completely new Edge Chamfer for direct and procedural modeling workflows provides a robust and reliable advancement to Modo’s beveling tools.
Shane Griffith, Director of Product - Digital Design, Foundry, comments:
“Artists today require a tool that is not only faster at the core but also enables them to customize every click to be more efficient, keeping them in the creative flow to explore their full potential. Backed by customer input, the strategy for the Modo 13 Series focused on the most requested feature enhancements of those using Modo today. We are committed to making the creative process faster and smarter for three primary workflows in Modo - animation, modeling, and rendering.”
To learn more about the Modo 13.2 features visit the release page. Modo 13.2 can be purchased online.