Nuke Non-commercial: free compositing, editing and finishing software.
Image Courtesy of Zhongyan Dai
Want to learn Nuke for free, at your own pace?
You’ve come to the right place. With Nuke Non-commercial, you get access to free, non-watermarked versions of Nuke, NukeX and even top-of-the-line Nuke Studio for as long as you like, so you can learn, explore and have fun on your own schedule.
Already know Nuke Non-commercial is for you?
If you want to learn to composite, edit and finish with industry-leading tools used on blockbuster movies, Nuke Non-commercial is what you’ve been waiting for. You can work on personal projects, update your skills, experiment, research or just play around.
Get it now
What can’t you do with Nuke Non-commercial?
Nuke Non-commercial has some license restrictions you need to know about. Visit our FAQ page for full details.
There are also a few functional differences between commercial and non-commercial versions of the Nuke family. Here are the most important limitations of using the non-commercial versions:
- Output resolution is limited to HD (1920 x 1080).
- The WriteGeo, Primatte, Ultimatte, BlinkScript, and GenerateLUT nodes are disabled.
- 2D format support is disabled for MPEG4 and h264.
- There’s no support for third-party plug-ins—only plug-ins that ship with Nuke are supported.
- Data storage is encrypted, meaning that you cannot open Nuke Non-commercial files in the commercial version of Nuke.
- Python scripting is limited.
If you’re looking to evaluate the full commercial version, get our 30-day free trial.
Also check out Nukepedia for a wealth of useful info including tutorials, tips, articles, scripts and plug-ins that will help turn you into an accomplished NUKE artist before you know it!